NEXUS 1272 Powerline Analyzer
Advanced billing meter with communication and power quality analysis
- Billing meter with accuracy 0.06% Watt/Hr.
- Time of use (TOU) of 20 years.
- Loss compensation (Line & Transformer)
- CT & PT compensation.
- Advanced Power Quality Register.
- Flicker monitoring in compliance with EN 50160.
- Totalization records.
- Data storage and event recording.
- Programmable screen.
- Circuit diagnostics.
- Multiple communication.
- Modbus & DNP 3.0 Level 2 Plus Protocols
- Internal Ethernet / Web Ready
- Dial-Out for Power Failures or Alarm Alerts!
- Measurement in electric companies
- Commercial measurement
- Sub stations
- Industrial measurement
- On-Campus Measurement
- Replacement of analog measurement
The Nexus 1262/1272 meters provide the most comprehensive electrical analysis available in a socket type meter. This unit offers extensive advanced monitoring features to meet the most stringent power monitoring requirements. Using advanced technology, the Nexus measures and immediately stores Power billing data along with superior Power Quality and communication.
Specially designed to meet the sophisticated standards required by utilities and de-regulated power providers, the basic Nexus package starts where most meters end. Standard features in the Nexus meters provide the ability to meet advanced metering needs now and in the future
Digital Accu-Measure® measurement technology
The patented digital measurement technology of EIG Accu-Measure® ensures unparalleled accuracy:
- 06% Power & Energy Accuracy
- Temperature Compensation
The equipment is a Meter in the 4 complete quadrants: it obtains hourly data from each quadrant.
- kWh sent.
- kWh Received.
- kVAh in each quadrant.
- kVARh in Each Quadrant.
- Q Schedules.
- Demand measures.
Time of Use (TOU)
The 1262/1272 offers robust standard TOU capabilities that include
- 8 TOU schemes.
- Bi-Directional Consumption and Demand.
- 4 Seasons per Year.
- 20 Year Calendar.
- Month and Previous Season readings for each scheme.
- Present Month and Season readings for each scheme.
- Total readings to date for each Schema.
- Programmable "Frozen" records.
UNIVERSAL LOAD/MEASURING UNIT
Using standard pulse inputs, the Nexus 1262/1272 can count pulses from external meters and accumulate and total energy usage and utility values, such as water, gas or other data.
- 8 Pulse inputs.
- Individual cumulative records.
- 4 Totalizing records (Add or Subtract).
- Totalization with own Kwh readings.
COMPENSATION FOR LOSSES IN TRANSFORMATION OR LINE
Adjusted loss compensation for iron and copper losses with simple programming
CT & PT COMPENSATION
The Nexus equipment compensates errors in Potential and Current transformers.
- Voltage Compensation
- Multipoint Current Compensation
- Multipoint Phase Angle Compensation
- Resolution better than 0.01%.
- FIELD TEST MODE
- Test all Energy readings
- Enable/Disable in Test Mode
- Pre-adjusted accumulators
- Frozen Accumulators
MULTIPLE DEMAND WINDOWS
The Nexus 1262/1272 simultaneously monitors 5 demand structures.
- Window Block Demand
- Dynamic window demand
- Predictive Demand
- Thermal Demand
- Cumulative Demand
- Interval period from 1 second to several hours.
- up to 255 Sub-Intervals
- End-of-Interval Output Pulse
- End-of-Interval Pulse Input
- Cold Start Demand
MAX. DEMANDS WITH TIME STAMP
The equipment obtains demand information from all power values. Each value includes time stamp
- kW Demand, Sent & Received, Max/Min
- kVAR Demand, Sent & Received, Max/Min
- kVAR Coincidental with kW Demand
- kVA Demand, Max/Min
- Amps Demand, Max/Min
- Voltage, Max/Min
Nexus 1272 Advanced Power Quality Analysis
The extraordinary speed and accuracy of the NEXUS 1272 makes it possible to access power quality information with unparalleled certainty. The Nexus 1272 is designed for critical load applications. From Healthcare to Micro-Electronics, the 1272 has what it takes to capture any abnormality. This ensures that in the event of any electrical problem, you have the information you need to act.
All Power Quality records are time stamped to the nearest second to ensure accurate readings. The Nexus advanced download logic collects only new information to minimize download times.
GRAPHIC & PROGRAMMABLE LCD SCREEN
The Nexus 1262/72 is equipped with a graphical and programmable LCD display, with backlighting that is composed of more than 400 pages, allowing the display of the values required for each customer. The display allows you to view power information, Circuit Diagnostics, Voltage, Current, Harmonics and Phasors among many other values. Its advanced capability makes it easy to install and useful in field applications.
- kWh Sent and Received.
- kVARh Sent and Received.
- kVAh Sent and Received.
- Peak Demand (Dynamic Window).
- Peak demands (Block Window).
TIME OF USE MODE
- kWh & kW Demand Sent / Received / Total
- kVARh & kVAR Demand, Sent & Received for Each Register.
- kVAh Sent & Received for Each Registration.
- kVAh Sent / Received / Total
- Voltage (All Phases).
- Current (All Phases).
- Phasor diagram.
- Harmonic spectrum up to order 63rd.
- KW, KVA, KVAR and FP
KEYED REBOOT SWITCH
The meter provides a Sealable Reset switch to prevent fraud.
INFRARED TEST PULSE
The meter provides an infrared test pulse that you can press to select: +Watt-Hour, -Watt-Hour, +VAR-Hour, -VAR-Hour and VA-Hour. This pulse employs time modulated integration allowing accurate pulses during short tests using industry standard patterns.
Dial-Out Before Alarm (INP2)
DIAL-OUT AT LOSS OF TENSION
The INP2 Modem has a battery powered dial-out circuitry that detects when the voltage is lost and makes an automatic phone call notifying the event. Additionally, many other possible circumstances can be programmed to this feature. The Nexus 1262/1272 can call the EIG Dial-In Server which allows users to receive E-mails or Text Messages with event notification.
DIAL-OUT FOR OTHER EVENTS
- The meter can call ahead:
- Change of Limits/Status.
- Change in the High Speed Inputs.
- Waveform Capture Record.
- CBEMA Power Quality Event.
- Change in Control Outputs.
- Filling Meter Memory.
- Power Source Cycle.
- Failed key (incoming call to the Modem).
- Meter Communication Failure.
DIAL-IN SERVER CAPABILITIES
EIG's Dial-In Server will record all notifications, accept all meter downloads, and allow users to be notified via email and Auto-Text messages. Features of the Dial-In Server include:
- Number of Unlimited Meters.
- Scalable Multi-Server Architecture.
- Notification by E-Mail.
- Text Message Notification.
- Audible Alarm System.
[Dial Out at Any Event]
[Visual Alarm Server]
Reliable, Functional and Comprehensive Measurement Features
Advanced Communications and I/O Capability
MULTIPLE COMMUNICATION PORTS WITH OPEN PROTOCOLS
The Nexus Multi-Protocol design allows multiple simultaneous communications. Standard Modbus and DNP 3.0 Level 2 protocols are available.
- Optical Port.
- 2 Serial Ports RS-485.
- Modbus RTU/ASCII.
- DNP 3.0.
- Speeds up to 115k bps.
- Dial-Out Modem
- 100BaseT Ethernet
COMBINED MODEM & ETHERNET SOLUTION
Now available for Nexus 1262/1272 dual communication over Ethernet and Modem:
- Modem 56k
- Total Web Solutions
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet
- E-Mail notification in case of alarm
- No battery available in case of supply failure
- IRIG-B time synchronization for GPS at 1 msec resolution
- 4 KYZ pulse outputs
- 8 Digital Inputs KYZ Pulse / Status
OPTIONAL EXTERNAL I/O
Ability to connect multiple external I/O modules
- Analogous Outputs
- Analogous entries
- Digital Status Inputs
- KYZ outputs
- Relay / Alarm Outputs
ElectroLogic® provides user-defined control outputs.
- Actions and/or alarms in the face of abnormal conditions.
- Actions on combinations of Boolean logic inputs or electrical variables.
INDUSTRY LEADER IN DNP 3.0 LEVEL 2 PLUS
The Nexus 1262/1272 provides the most advanced DNP 3.0 protocol implementations in the industry. The Nexus 1262/1272 meter is DNP Level 1 and 2 certified with additional features including
- Up to 136 Measurements: 64 Binary Inputs, 8 Binary Counters, 64 Analog Inputs mapped to static DNP points on a configurable DNP map.
- Up to 16 Relays and 8 Resets can be controlled from DNP
- Report Processing by Exception (DNP Events) Deadbands can be adjusted point to point.
- 250 Events Combined for 4 events: Change of Binary Inputs, Frozen Counter, Change in Counter, Analog Change.
- Frozen, Frozen/No-Ack, Frozen with Time, Frozen with Time/No-Ack, Frozen Command by Scheme commands.
- Frozen with time command: Enables the Nexus meter to have a frozen counter by internal order of time and Frozen Event data, upon receipt of time and interval, the data is created.
- Third Party Certification Available.
Total Web Solutions - Advanced Web Measurement Integration
Total Web Solutions is an advanced Ethernet communication architecture that allows web page design, analyzer data display, and serving analyzer information from a direct web site to the analyzer. The Nexus Meter directly serves the web information without the need for dedicated Server software, ActiveX Controls or Java Applets. The meter performs data collection, formatting, and page service.
Additionally, this information technology is user-friendly because it does not cause heavy traffic and provides all data formatted through an HTTP interface without any resident client language.
ADVANCED FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Fully customizable web page development.
- Website Hosting with real time readings.
- Multiple meter service on a single website.
- Direct readings through the Meter. (No Server language is used).
- It does not use ActiveX or Java controls.
- Compatible with Dept. IT - Works through Firewalls
- Low Cost / High Functionality.
- Instant alarm e-mails - Direct from the Meter
- WEBEXPLORER - Serves the meter data directly
- WebExplorer provides direct access to all power information through any web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox, Opera) without the need to download ActiveX controls or Java Applets, since it is a standard HTML page.
- The WebExplorer is fully parameterizable to create your own web pages, graphics and configurations with SCADA quality.
EASY TO INCORPORATE INTO ANY EXISTING WEB SYSTEM
- Fully programmable web page generator.
- Directly connects XML links by setting up several meters on a single page.
- Fast data download.
- Easily adaptable in Firewalls.
- No need to install ActiveX Controls or Java Applets on the Client
Create real-time data in XML format. WebXML allows the Nexus Meter to provide information through a Nexus Server or other meters and place the data directly in XML format. This allows data to be shared via the Web to multiple applications and create custom Web pages using the Web Explorer. WebXML technology is easy to use, highly flexible and compatible.
With WebXML, your information is instantly available to other software applications, including Internet Explorer, Excel, Power Point, Word or any other local or online office application:
- XML support.
- Instantaneous data, processed and available in readable format.
- Add scale factors, multipliers, or other desired HTML capabilities.
- Display data from a Server Meter and/or other meters using Modbus RTU or TCP/IP (WebReacher).
- Parameterization for data collection.
- Easily visualized by different applications and platforms
- Modbus data concentrator.
With Amperis' exclusive WebReacher, you can remotely access devices around the world, get information and save it in web format or website without the need for additional software (SCADA, ActiveX, Java, etc.)
- No additional software development costs.
- No server technology required.
- It does not require complex integration.
- No ActiveX or Java Applets on the client.
- No expensive point charges.
WEBMOD - Open architecture for third party integration
The 10/100BaseT design allows the meter to connect to 12 simultaneous Modbus TCP sockets. With the communication card installed, port 2 becomes a gateway enabling other Modbus IEDs to access the LAN, allowing multiple data requests simultaneously.
The Amperis WebMod provides open Modbus TCP protocol that can be easily integrated into other software or hardware systems. The Modbus hub enables the subtraction of information from up to 16 devices or 1024 unique items from any Modbus RTU and/or Modbus TCP device.
- 12 simultaneous Modbus sockets over Ethernet.
- Multiple sockets allow access to several meters simultaneously.
- 1 Internet Gateway Modbus RTU with RS485 connection (up to 32 Devices)
Using this feature the meter can be accessed using native DNP over Ethernet. This allows the unit to open a DNP 3.0 exclusive Socket. Using this technology, all other web features of the meter are available simultaneously.
The Amperis WebAlarm sends real-time alarm e-mails via the Internet to up to 9 recipients simultaneously for any combination of event notification. With WebAlarm, it's easy to program the alarm e-mail format: Short format (mobile text message) or long format with detailed event information for any meter with full e-mail support (PCs, PDAs or mobile phones):
- Real-time alerts.
- Simultaneous e-mails to multiple recipients.
- Alerts the user to virtually any abnormality.
- Use Standard SMTP - Just assign your E-Mail address.
Nexus 1272 Advanced Power Quality Analysis
The extraordinary speed and accuracy of the NEXUS 1272 makes it possible to access power quality information with unparalleled precision. The Nexus 1272 is ideally suited for critical load applications: From Health to Micro-Electronics.
1272 has what it takes to capture any abnormality. This ensures that in the event of any electrical problem, you have the information you need to act. All Power Quality records are time stamped to the nearest second to ensure accurate readings. The Nexus advanced download logic collects only new information to minimize download times.
EVENT REGISTRATION / OUT OF BOUNDS
The waveform capture capability of the Nexus goes beyond any meter. Records of such quality have historically been reserved for Transmission systems only. The power of the Nexus 1272 now makes such accuracy available to your critical customers:
Register 1024 events
- Recording of out-of-bounds events.
- High Speed input event recording.
- Absence of Voltage Detection.
- Extensive Limit setting, with multiple limits per selected electrical variable.
HARMONIC DISTORTION ANALYSIS
- Record harmonics for later analysis
- The recorded waveforms provide harmonics up to order 255.
- Display of waveform records
The separate CBEMA/ITIC register captures all voltage transients that are outside these standards. The dedicated log stores up to 1024 events. The data is downloaded to a separate log for easy analysis. See all voltage disturbances on a single screen with the Communicator EXT software.
- Sag/Swell Analysis
- Transient Recording
Power Quality Monitoring according to EN 50160
FLICKER MONITORING IN COMPLIANCE WITH EN 50160
It is important to maintain a good quality power supply to ensure efficient operations. A particular source of disturbance that has negative effects is Flicker, which consists of intermittent low frequency fluctuations (less than 24 Hz) in the supply line. Apart from the effects on equipment, disturbances of this type can have a negative effect on people. A particular example is the flickering of light sources that can affect humans in different ways depending on the severity.
The Nexus 1272 meets the requirements of EN 50160 and includes
- Short Term Readings: PST-10 Min/Monitoring and Logging
- Long Term Readings: PLT - 4 Hr/Monitoring and Registration.
- Log Viewer: - Displays graphical values for Pst & Plt for Va, Vb and Vc or displayed values, including Max & Min
- Real Time: Pinst, Pst, Pst Max, Pst Min, Plt, Plt Max, Plt Min values
The Nexus 1272 provides users with the ability to display the values of Inter Harmonics, the discrete frequencies that fall between the power frequency harmonics, Voltage and Current. Frequencies that are not integer multiples of the fundamental can appear as discrete frequencies in a broadband spectrum.
The user can choose the starting point anywhere on the waveform, assuming that enough samples will be available after the starting point. If there are not enough samples in the waveform capture, the Software will search for the next recorded waveform record in the database. If it is contiguous, additional points up to 200ms will be obtained for analysis.
Data / Event Recording & Monitoring
MULTIPLE MEMORY REGISTERS
These Nexus meters provide many records to generate historical, event, alarm or system data. These records can be used for profile development, event recording and electrical parameters over time. With the additional feature of I/O expansion, they can record variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, etc.
TWO RECORDS OF HISTORICAL TRENDS
These records allow virtually any parameter to be plotted over time, both electrical and I/O values.
- Up to 64 variables per record.
- Programmable Trend Times.
- Provides Magnitude and Duration of the Event.
- Resolution of Milli Seconds.
- 2 separate programmable registers.
- Separate logging time base.
- Records alarms for electrical and I/O channels
These records record all off-limit alarms.
SYSTEM EVENT LOG
Meters record system events for security and protection:
- Password Access
- Password modification
- Change of Parameterization
- Change of Firmware
- Change of clock time (Modbus or DNP)
- Using Test Mode
- Re Starts (Records, Max/Min, Energy)
INPUT STATUS RECORD
These records record events when status changes occur at the Internal and External Digital Inputs.
- Status log for external events
- Internally Tagged for Event Definition
CONTROL OUTPUT REGISTER
This record records the state and logic that triggers a control output, the graphic display shows the steps that led to the event.
- Pre and Post Analysis Deployment
- Internally tagged for event definition
- Advanced I/O Analysis
System Performance & Reliability Analysis
The precision and accuracy of the Nexus 1272 coupled with its extraordinary recording capabilities make it an ideal tool for power system reliability analysis and diagnostics. For the first time, you have a meter with laboratory equipment features at a reasonable cost. The 16-bit accuracy and waveform capture resolution actually outperforms many digital fault analyzers. Combine the features of the Nexus 1272 with Amperis software packages to expand the analysis and explanatory power for any monitoring activity.
AIREPORTS EXT - CP ANALYSIS
AiReports EXT provides automated reporting and analysis of abnormal events (1272 only).
- It employs artificial intelligence.
- Evaluates all Nexus Meter data.
- Catalog the events by Severity.
- Identify Possible Causes.
- Identifies Possible Impacts.
- Recommends Possible Corrective Actions or Solutions
- Prepare & Format Reports for all Power Quality Events.
- PQDIF Fault File Converter allows the Nexus information to be read by standard EPRI Power Quality Display Software.
- COMTRADE Converter of fault files to standard fault analysis format.
COMMUNICATOR EXT - FAILURE ANALYSIS
- Compare Multiple Fault Records
- Measures Waveform traces
- Insert Time Stamps to Analyze Transients in Waveforms
- View CBMA Records
AT THE EXCHANGE POINT
The Nexus provides the ability to monitor and record the sequence of events on each transmission line or exchange point. The Nexus monitors all the time and has an extended memory capacity, which can record a large number of faults, even frequency oscillations in stability failures. It captures all voltage and current.
Download the information and open the files with the Communicator EXT. Compare multiple channels. Measure amplitudes and timings with millisecond resolution. View events within seconds that compromise system reliability
PROTECTIVE TEST EQUIPMENT
Need lab equipment performance? Convert your Nexus information to COMTRADE format.
Insert the file directly into the protection test equipment to verify the reliability of the relay's performance.
ON THE CONSUMER SIDE
When a critical customer calls, simply download the data from the Nexus 1272. Within minutes, all data related to any event will be on your desktop. A complete report will be ready for immediate analysis or to be e-mailed to the client. Probable causes are identified and possible corrective actions are recommended.
Do you need a more detailed evaluation? Simply open the Waveform Viewer to examine exactly what has happened to the voltages and currents during the event. Only the Nexus provides static captures for many seconds
Download the catalogue of Powerline Analyzer NEXUS 1272.
If you want to acquire Serie nexus with quality, you can also consult prices of Serie nexus.