The PULD-40 is a versatile and highly accurate ultrasonic inspection system designed to meet the needs of our customers.
Objective: To locate electric arcs and corona effects.
Arcs and corona effects emit sound and ultrasound. The PULD-40 allows the conversion of ultrasounds into sounds audible to the human ear. Corona effects manifest themselves in the form of a blue light on a conductor [Learn more about corona effects in the section Corona Effect Chambers].
The PULD-40 allows you to precisely locate and identify corona effects and arcs found on high voltage overhead lines just by sweeping the area with the equipment. The PULD-40 includes an internal detector and an external parabolic sensor that allows locating electrical defects over long distances. In addition, the parabolic sensor has a small laser that allows the exact visual contact of the acoustic emission point. Its small size facilitates access to all types of installations, being very stable and directional. The PULD-40 has an integrated amplification cone which allows a use without an external sensor.
Advantages of the PULD-40
Insulation defects are a factor in degradation, energy loss and reduction of the life of the electrical network. Today, it is essential to have the right equipment to reduce its operating cost and save time. The PULD-40 allows very precise and safe acoustic inspections. This equipment is so easy to use that it does not require continuous training of the operators. One of the advantages of the PULD-40 is that it can be used in a noisy environment such as industries. Moreover, the equipment can be used for many applications, which is universal and indispensable.
- Electrical inspection: location of corona effects and electric arcs on conductors.
- General mechanical inspection: motors, compressors, gears, pumps, etc.
- Pressure or vacuum leaks.
- Aviation: aircraft doors and windows, airtightness.
Indeed, ultrasonic inspections can be applied to a wide range of domains:
- Chemical industry.
- Petrochemical industry.
- Manufacturing industry.
- Textile industry.
This equipment is essential to your business and can be included in your maintenance and inspection program.
- Indicators: 7-segment bar graph in dB.
- Relative dB measurement modes.
- Dynamic range: 100 dB.
- Internal bird sensor as 15-degree directional
- External parabolic sensor with 5 mw laser (optional).
- Built-in microphone.
- Numerical acquisition and processing (DSP).
- Frequency range: 20kHz to 100kHz
- Possibility of hearing aids.
- External sensor with 92kHz contact for transformers or capacitors.
- Batteries: Lithium-Ion rechargeable.
- Autonomy: 6 hours.
Advantages of PULD 40
- Verification of the connections under normal load of the electrical network.
- Use of a surface sensor. This sensor does not require direct access to the cable tension.
- Analysis database that can evolve
- Data transfer to the computer. This allows the monitoring of the measurements.
- It allows you to communicate the results to an expert via a computer connected to the internet.
- Airtight and solid, for outdoor applications.
Download the catalogue of Ultrasonic inspection system PULD 40.
If you want to acquire Partial discharge detector with quality, you can also consult prices of Partial discharge detector.