The PXDP-II partial discharge meter is a portable device that performs detection and measurement of partial discharges in electrical devices or components. It records partial discharge measurements for analysis and diagnosis through the optional PC software. The PXDP-II can be used in various applications and complies with IEC 60270.
This measuring system is a powerful and flexible partial discharge measuring tool. Early detection of developing faults and timely repair improves network reliability and is a cost-effective way to manage maintenance. PD testing is a powerful predictive and qualitative analysis tool that warns of possible future system failure.
It shows the PD waveform and incorporates a speaker that reproduces the sound of the measured signal (the equipment records and stores the measurements, date and time of the reading).
The use of the equipment has been extended for diagnostics in industries and laboratories. The PXDP-II is an extremely powerful device for the detection and measurement of partial discharges when used with a high voltage source with a very low noise level and a high frequency capacitive coupler. It is an economical and very accurate solution for the detection and measurement of partial discharges in accessories and components such as transformers, circuit breakers and lightning arresters.
This partial discharge measuring equipment is the most effective and economical solution for the inspection of joints and elbows in the electrical network.
- Quality control of medium and high voltage equipment (transformers, switches, suppressors, insulators, couplers, etc.)
- Quality control of insulators during installation or repair of the underground network (cable joints, elbows, etc.)
- Monitoring the deterioration of the insulation of critical components (transformers, switches, cable joints, etc.)
- Safety check before work under load.
- TEV testing in switchgear cabinets and PD detection in switchgear using the VIS capacitive coupler
- Corona and arc detection in overhead devices using the acoustic sensor and PD detection in an oil-filled transformer using a UHF antenna / HFCT clamp.
The use of the PXDP-II can be integrated to be part of a preventive maintenance program, thus avoiding problems and interruptions of the electrical networks. The PXDP-II is a very precise and flexible device. Its long-band expansion system allows precise detection of the level of activity of partial discharges. The meter uses a high-speed detection technique which allows the equipment to be very powerful. In addition, it is possible to record the download measurement in graphic or auditory form, with the date and time of the reading. The equipment allows to operate in the same place its register. The recorded measurements remain in memory even when the PXDP-II is switched off, which allows the transfer of these records to a computer.
Advantages of the PXDP-II
- Easy to use, versatile, rugged design for outdoor applications, lightweight and portable Battery operated.
- Verification of the connections under normal load of the electrical network.
- Multiple modes of use, analysis and real-time on-site diagnostics (peak value display)
- Display of the pC and Db value
- Internal memory that stores: the waveform, the PD edge, the date and the time. Transfer of recorded data to a PC to ensure monitoring of measurements (allows results to be exported to an expert via a computer connected to the Internet). Calibration mode in pC.
- Network synchronization for random noise reduction
- Differential technology for noise reduction
- Scalable, expandable and exportable analysis database.
On-site live diagnostics:
- The PXDP-II uses both capacitive and inductive probes, which allows detection and analysis of partial discharges on cable accessories (joints and cable terminals).
- The PXDP-II uses a two-phase coupler on the circuit breakers for fast and efficient detection of the internal high frequencies generated by partial discharges.
To be noted:
-The PXDP-SOFT software allows the management and display of partial discharge records by downloading the readings from the internal memory of the device to the PC.
- Allows the transfer of waveforms recorded with the equipment.
- Facilitates the handling of records.
- Allows you to listen to the recorded audio to identify the PD
-Metal-Clad panels are easily inspected with the PXDP-II and its accessories:
- The TEV sensor detects the transient voltage rise to ground on the surface of the metal cabinet produced by the electromagnetic waves that produce the partial discharges.
- The acoustic sensor detects ultrasonic waves produced by partial discharges inside the cabinet. It allows detecting PD in transformers, capacitors, boards, etc.
- The VIS voltage indicator is connected to the PXDP-II via the two-phase coupler to detect PD in synchronisation with the mains phase. It allows PD detection on capacitive ports.
-The ULD-401 parabolic sensor in the PXDP-II equipment detects and locates the corona effect in any device at high altitude, revealing the presence of partial discharges and contaminants.
-A capacitive sensor detects PD in cable joints and elbows. The capacitive sensor kit is attached to the reference module (this module allows the sensor to be tested before the cable is inspected). The handle that is screwed to the sensor makes the user more secure.
-The PXDP-II offline kit allows testing of a large number of medium and high voltage devices (such as couplers, cables, insulators, transformers, etc.) to detect PD for offline testing. Quickly identifies design, manufacturing or operating problems, improving network design and reliability (which reduces operating costs by installing reliable devices).
As an optional module, we highlight the module of synchronization with the phase of the network, allowing to attenuate the noise (important parameter to attenuate to identify PD). The synchronization is designed for TEV, acoustic, HFCT, splices and elbows tests, etc.
- Corona effect: thanks to the parabolic sensor, the PXDP-II captures the emitted ultrasound (dB) and, by sweeping the area to be analysed, locates with great accuracy: partial discharges, electric arcs and corona effect.
- PD detection through grounding conductors (HFCT clamps): the HFCT-20 and HFCT-60 sensors are used to detect PD, manufactured to resist abrasion and mechanical impacts in any environment, their design provides excellent isolation against high frequency interference (they measure currents up to 100 MHz).
- Simultaneous display in dB and pC.
- Peak value display.
- Peak detection by fast numerical circuits.
- Fast Numerical Processor (DSP) for instant analysis of results.
- Analysis of the angle shape at high frequency to determine proximity.
- Reception over a wide band, without deformation or attenuation of the discharge pulses.
- PC (Windows) interface for analysis of results.
Detailed technical specifications:
300 KHz to 70 MHZ
16 cycles of 50 or 60 Hz
Maximum number of records
internal real-time clock
Synchronization with the network
by electric field on the sensor
automatic via a signal injection
6 "A" batteries, NiMh, rechargeable 1.2V 2.1 AH
12V 1A adapter with waterproof connectorAvailable
Liquid crystal 128 x 64 points, at extensive use temperature60
203.3 x 114.3 x 50, 8 mm
0.86Kg (1.9 pounds)
- Capacitive probe (spatula)
- Differential spatula
- Inductive Probe
- Capacitive Couplers
- Reference modules in pC
- Two-phase coupler
- LP Filters
- PXDPII software
- Source up to 45 Kv
- ABS transport case
- Nylon protection case
It is a portable device that allows the detection of partial discharges in cable joints and elbows, circuit breakers, acoustic tests, TEV, rotary machines, etc. It is an easy to use, versatile, lightweight and portable device; based on PXDP-II technology
The XDP-II-LT has an ultra-bandwidth amplification system to measure PD activity. The XDP-II-LT displays the PD waveform during the measurement and shows the noise before filtering to help the user recognize PD from the noise (uses a high-speed detection technique).
- PXDP-II-LT + capacitive antenna: perfect tool for measuring PD in cable joints and elbows.
- PXDP-II-LT + acoustic converter: allows corona effect detection, arching detection, PD detection in electrical cabinets, air leak detection, etc.
- PXDP-II-LT + TEV probe or two-phase coupler: maintenance and prevention of distribution cabinets using VIS capacitive couplers
- PXDP-II-LT + UHF antenna: allows PD detection on any oil-filled transformer
- More applications available, please consult our technicians.
- Displays the PD waveform
- Ability to synchronize with the network.
- LCD screen
- Capacitive sensor
- HFCT Clamps
- Low pass filters
- Protective case
- Acoustic converter
- Synchronization module
- Parabolic sensor
- Contact Probe
Download the catalogue of Partial discharge detector PXDP-II.
If you want to acquire Partial discharge detector with quality, you can also consult prices of Partial discharge detector.