Liquid conductivity meter review
The measurement of a solution’s ability to conduct electricity is called conductance. All aqueous solutions conduct electricity to some extent. Using electrolytes like salts, acids or bases to transparent water helps boosts the conductivity and naturally decrease the resistance.
- It is a measurement of charged particles, known as ions which freely roam around in the liquid.
- More the ions, more the conductivity
- Liquids containing compounds which completely break apart into ions also have high conductivity.
- It is highly dependent on temperature. Unlike metals, increase in temperature results in the increased conductivity of the electrolytes.
Note: Conductivity meters must be compared with the standards to provide accurate results.
It is very important to accurately determine the conductivity of any liquid so as to find out what is the electric strength of a liquid or what amount of electricity it can accommodate. For that purpose a metric device is required to tell that up to what extent, the liquid is conductive; in other words, the conductance.. That device is called liquid conductivity meter.
A conductivity meter precisely measures the amount of electrical current or conductance in a solution. It shows the condition and health of the water body by examining the amount of nutrients, salts or impurities in it.
This meter also measures changes in waste water processes at water treatment plants. Conductivity meters are a routine affair device used in environmental laboratories or any water treatment plant.
Amperis Conductivity meter (TAND220A)
This product of amperis is based on the much sought-after “alternate square wave method with a low amplitude and low frequency”. Following is a glimpse of some special features:
- Light-weighing and a self-organised instrument
- Complies to the new IEC61620 Standard
- Wide conductivity with a volume range: 0.01 pS/m to 20,000 pS/m rendering assessment of high resistive liquids
- Exact and quick measurement of volume conductivity from 10-14 to 10-8 S/m and relative permittivity r up to 5
- Runs at low voltage and low current ranges
- Absolutely safe for operators
Applications of Amperis Conductivity meter (TAND220A)
- Used for high voltage electrical apparatus like transformers, bushings, cables, capacitors and also performs testing and documentation process
- Conducts check and control on dielectric strength of liquid used during manufacturing of electrical equipment and also for maintenance decisions and failure alerts
- Determines purity of ions of highly resistive liquids, chemicals and mineral oils
- Does aging and degradation studies of liquids