SHARK 100 Multifunctional Network Analyzer
- Meter with Billing Certificate Class 0.2% for demand and energy measurement.
- Meets ANSI C12.20 (0.2%) and IEC 687 (0.2%) accuracy class standard
- Multi-functional measurements including Voltage, Current, Power, Frequency, Energy, etc.
- Optional KYZ pulse.
- Power quality measurements (%THD and Limits with Alarm)
- V-Switch® Technology - Upgradeable in the field without removing the installed equipment
- .56" 3-line bright red LED display
- Load % bar for Analog Meter perception.
- RS485 Modbus and DNP 3.0 - 57.6K Baud protocols.
- IrDA port for remote reading with PDA
- Ultra compact, easy to install.
- Fits into ANSI and DIN slots.
- Available in "Transducer only" version.
Industry leading technology
Billing meter features
The easiest to use Meter on the market!
- Measurement in electric companies
- Commercial measurement
- Sub stations
- Industrial measurement
- On-Campus Measurement
- Replacement of analog measurement
Amperis introduces one of the highest performance panel-type billing grade meters in the industry. Based on a new platform, this low cost meter significantly outperforms other much more expensive equipment.
This unit is perfect for new measurement applications and for direct and simple replacement of existing analog meters. The Shark is excellent for high accuracy energy measurement exceeding ANSI C12.20 (0.2%) and IEC 687 (0.2%) energy measurement standards.
The unit employs high speed DSP technology with high resolution A/D conversion to provide certified billing accuracy, for Utility, Sub Station Measurement, Main and Sub Metering as well as Critical Metering applications.
V-Switch technology, measurement upgrade packages
The Shark 100 is equipped with the exclusive EIG V-Switch® technology. V-Switch® is a firmware-based virtual switch that allows features to be enabled on the meter through communication, even after installation. Using V-Switches, you can order what you need now, and field upgrade the other functions as needed. This allows you to optimize your measurement investment. Start with a simple meter gauge and upgrade to a billing-class energy meter with full functionality and advanced metering capabilities. Advanced versions of the SHARK100 (V3 and V4) also include DNP 3.0 communication protocol.
- V-Switch 1 - Volts and Amps - Default
- V-Switch 2 - Volts, Amps, kW, kVAR, FP, kVA, Freq.
- V-Switch 3 - Volts, Amperes, kW, kVAR, FP, kVA, Freq. kWh, kVAh, kVARh and DNP 3.0
- V-Switch 4 - Volts, Amps, kW, kVAR, FP, kVA, Freq. kWh, kVAh, kVARh, %THD Monitoring, Limits & Alarms and DNP 3.0
Easy to use and install
EIG engineers designed this meter to make it as easy to use and install as possible. From the user interface to its mechanical construction, many hours were spent making the Shark intuitive and consistent so that an installer with minimal experience and basic training could use the equipment.
The Shark can be programmed using a PDA, a PC or through the simple front keypad interface. Additionally, using the PC or PDA, the technician or engineer can view the phasor diagram as vectors, ensuring that the polarities of the CTs are correct. All inputs are colour coded and simply labelled for easy identification to avoid installation errors. This is very useful in OEM applications where installation time affects the cost of the product.
- Easy programming via the front display.
- Configuration from PC.
- Configuration from PDA using the IrDA port
- Phasor diagram with connection status.
- Auto Scroll feature.
- Analog style % load bar.
- Little depth required to the Panel where it will be installed.
- Quickly installed voltage and communication terminals.
- Current input wires "pass through" the meter.
- Voltage and current inputs coordinated by color.
Test pulse for Watt-Hour traceable for precision certification
In order to be certified for billing measurement, Electric Utilities need to know if the meter will perform with the accuracy indicated by the Manufacturer. To verify the meter's performance and calibration, Electric Utilities use field verification equipment (Standards), to ensure that energy measurements are correct. Since the Shark 100 is a traceable billing meter, it contains a Test Pulse, which is used to verify that the equipment is performing at the manufacturer's stated accuracy. This is an essential feature required on every billing grade meter.
Upper Voltage and Current Inputs
The Shark 100 has a robust design for demanding electrical applications, for high and low voltage power systems. This is especially important in Power Generation, Sub-Stations and critical user applications. The structural design of this meter is based on many approvals and recommendations from utility customers.
Universal Voltage Inputs
Voltage inputs allow direct measurements of up to 416 Volts Line-to-Neutral and 721 Volts Line-to-Line. This ensures the safety of the meter when connected directly to high voltage systems. One unit can meet the specifications for 69 Volt, 120 Volt, 230 Volt, 277 Volt and 347 Volt power systems.
Current inputs employ a dual input method:
Connection methods of the shark 100 power analyzer
Method one - _"Crossed"_ CT.
Burden is not added to the secondary CT circuit.
Peak Demand Measurement
The Shark 100 provides user-configurable Block Window or Dynamic Window demand. This allows you to configure a particular demand profile. The Block Window is used over a fixed period of demand configured by the user (usually 5, 15 or 30 minutes). The Dynamic Window is a fixed Demand Window that moves to a user-configured Sub-Interval period. An example would be a 15 Minute Demand using 3 sub intervals, providing a new Demand reading every 5 minutes based on the last 15 minutes. Readings for kW, kVAR, kVA and PF are calculated using utility structures. All other parameters provide maximum and minimum capacity over a user-selectable averaging period. The Voltage provides an instantaneous max and min reading, displaying the highest Surge and lowest Sag sensed by the Meter.
Advanced communication capability with IrDA interface
Two independent communication ports with advanced features
Rear Port with KYZ Pulse
Frontal IrDA Communication:
Download the catalogue of Powerline Analyzer SHARK 100.
If you want to acquire Serie shark with quality, you can also consult prices of Serie shark.
If you have any doubts or need advice from our engineers, don't hesitate to contact us and we will be pleased to help you. You can also call us at (+34) 982 20 99 20.